October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, an annual campaign to raise awareness about the impact of breast cancer. Scroll down for some ideas on how you could get involved at The Greeting Card Shop.
Inside Verse: “Just think of chemo
as your superpower, and cancer as the
bad guy — the bad guy never wins!
Stay Strong, Superhero!”
Did you know?
- Only a small percentage of breast lumps turn out to be cancer.
- Breast cancer doesn’t just affect women. Each year, approximately 2,190 men are diagnosed with breast cancer.
- A mammogram (x-ray of the breast) currently remains the gold standard for the early detection of breast cancer.
- Breast cancer is not contagious.
- Most women who have breast cancer have no family history.
- Women 40 and older should have mammograms every 1-2 years.
Inside Verse: “And although words may not
help, people who care about you can…
I’m here for you, whatever you need.
Thinking of You Every Day“
If you know someone who has been diagnosed with breast cancer, here are 5 ways you can help:
- Donate to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, INC to help provide life-saving mammograms to women in need.
- Spread the word about Breast Cancer Awareness Month on social media.
- Proudly wear a pink ribbon in support.
- Share the story of how you or a loved one has been affected by breast cancer. Tag us on Instagram @thegreetingcardshop so we can help you spread your story.
- Send a supporting card to someone who deserves a smile. With our handful of Fighting Cancer greeting cards, you can personalize a card to help uplift a woman in need.
How is The Greeting Card Shop spreading awareness?
If you don’t know someone specifically but still want to send a greeting card, consider personalizing your card for Send A Smile Today™! Their mission is to let cancer patients know they are never alone by regularly mailing uplifting greeting cards to anyone with any type of cancer. Choose from our variety of encouragement cards, insert images of flowers or animals, and include a personalized message from the heart. Check out the Card-Making-Guidelines for a list of appropriate messages and images, and send your cards to:
Send A Smile Today
9462 Brownsboro Road #381
Louisville, KY 40241
Sending a greeting card to someone battling cancer not only brings a smile to their face, but it also provides hope, love and support during a difficult time. For more information on Breast Cancer Awareness, diagnosis and myths, go to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
Shop our Fighting Cancer Greeting Cards today and help support a woman in need.